Join a Pelvic Floor Therapist (Lindsey Vestal, MS OTR/L of The Functional Pelvis) and learn how you can maintain a healthy core and pelvic floor throughout your pregnancy (and beyond!)
Leave empowered and confident with the ABCs (Awareness, Breath, and Coordination) of optimal pelvic floor function. Topics include:
- Why and how your pelvic floor is critical to successful delivery and recovery
- Why the pelvic floor and core should be the focus of exercise
- Why certain exercises weaken the pelvic floor by increasing pressure on it
- Daily habits -- how they impact pelvic floor function and can mean more than an hour of exercise
- Should I kegel? Why or why not?
- Postpartum sex!
Please dress comfortably. This event is mainly a workshop focusing on education with an option to try a few key "core" exercises. Babies are welcome!
Your host is Lindsey Vestal, a pre- and post-natal pelvic health therapist and owner of the Functional Pelvis, a private practice specializing in pelvic floor therapy “house calls” for pre- and postnatal women.
As an OT, she is a passionate promoter of bridging pelvic floor rehabilitation with lifestyle modifications while addressing the psychological impact that pelvic floor issues have on our everyday lives.
Prior to founding her own practice, Lindsey was a therapist at Roosevelt Hospital. Lindsey lives in Manhattan with her husband and two children Avery, 4 and Liam, 2.
When: January 24, 11-12:30 pm
Where: Guirguis OB/GYN
522 3rd Street Brooklyn
Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/what-every-mom-new-or-not-needs-to-know-about-her-pelvic-floor-tickets-30646838519